Custom Search

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Stress in work

     Last Friday, I've been assigned to new system in my office. It's a huge system and I'll be trained to master it. In other words, I'll become the person-in-charge (PIC) of it if got new requirements or bugs! Well, they don't expect I become master of the new system immediately. Hahaha.:D

     First, I have to modify existing codes to meet new requirements. Wow, guess how many lines of code in it. It's about 7K plus lines of code in it. Fuyoh, that's terrible and horrible!!! But after I think through, it's time for me to take up new challenge at work!


     In this modify assignment, I've given 8 working days to complete it. Today is the 5th day! Yet, I'm kinda blur about the code still! I felt terribly stress! Followed by stress, I felt bad and got long face on my face. I'm not sure other colleagues noticed that or not. I knew I can't proceed to do my work in such mood, so, I skipped lunch and listen to songs. At one point, I felt I really going to burst, but some thoughts flow in my mind and a conversion with Cindy's prompted my heart! Wow, it's really timely and I know it's from God.


     Firstly, I wrote down what I feel at that moment (actually is typing!) and my mood is getting better. Then, I started to pray while I typed. I even recorded down my needs and asking Jesus for helps, wisdoms and strength to help me overcome this situation. Suddenly, a conversion with Cindy prompted me. It's about peace. She ever shared this peace that she learnt during last year Thai Camp with me while I was still in India. Being reminded of peace and knowing that struggles and tough times is sometimes a must to let me grow and mature! And peace shoud come from the Lord and truly put trust and faith in Him that He will make things perfect in right timing!


     I felt more calm and better after praying. Then, God sent an angel to me, my Form Six best friend, who replied my email and concern about my situation!

     Peace is indeed with me after that, so, now I have to work out my faith by putting effort to study and explore the coding! Some update, I managed to understand the code more! I know I need more time to learn it. I'll push myself to do it fast, but if I couldn't, I'll face it and bear the consequences and improve next time!


     So, guys and gals, please keep me in prayers so that I can complete the tasks on time without cancel my trip to Kuching end of July!!! Thanks!!!

No comments: